Youth Involvement Program (YIPs) 13-18 years
Surf Lifesaving is a great organisation for youth involvement. It provides a social network, recognised qualifications and an opportunity to make a difference. Plus an excuse for members to spend time with other youth at the beach and involved in activity. Retention of members aged 13-18 years in lifesaving is a difficult task for surf lifesaving clubs. The Youth Involvement Program (YIP’s) aims to overcome this retention issue while developing and engaging our young members.
As a Youth Member there are many avenues to become a valuable member of TH&C. These can include:
- Patrolling SRC and Bronze
- Assistant Age Managers for Nippers
- Water Safety and Officiating at Carnivals
- Sausage Sizzle for Nippers
- Volunteer to help at Club events
- Water Safety for Nipper Training
- Competition – Beach (sprints and flags), Ocean (swim, board and ski), Boats, R&R, March Past, Pool Rescue
- Surf Club organised YIPs Social Events.
The YIPs Co-ordinators, with Board of Management endorsement, plan and run social events and camps for our youth. These are generally at TH&C or within close proximity, and provide an excellent environment for youth to get together, build friendships and share a Surf Club bond.
23/24 Youth Calendar – Coming soon