SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERS TO COMPLY WITH THE POLICY:
To be eligible to compete in any SLSA competition or to receive endorsement to enter ILS or ILS member competition, a SLSA member must:
- Be a registered and current financial member of SLSA.
- Be the holder of the appropriate SLSA award relevant to the age category as detailed in the latest version of the Surf Sports Manual or hold the equivalent overseas ILS member country award.
- Is SLSA proficient as prescribed for the relevant SLSA Award required for competition eligibility.
- Be eligible under the necessary age category.
- In relation to championship competition, have met their patrol and or service commitments as detailed in the guidelines and met all their Club, Branch and State Centre requirements.
- Not be in default with their Club, Branch, State Centre or SLSA (or overseas ILS member associations) in relation to their service, financial or discipline obligations.
- Have met any other competition eligibility qualification requirements for specific events e.g. IRB, Surf Boat (sweep), Patrol Competition, First Aid.
EXEMPTIONS FROM PATROL HOURS:
- A club may give special consideration for full or partial exemption from patrol obligations to volunteer members who fall into any of the following categories:
- Club Executive Committee Member, Accredited Club Coaches (non-paid), club training officers and assessors. Exemption for any of the above for club committee members, coaches, training officers and assessors is based on the role performing the minimum number of hours as specified within Section 3 (of SLSA Policy 5.04 Eligibility to Compete in SLSA Competition) patrol hour obligations, that is, a training officer/ coach will be expected to complete a minimum number of training/coaching hours as per the hours specified in Section 3 of SLSA Policy 5.04 Eligibility to Compete in SLSA Competition