ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EDUCATION
There is a broad range of Awards that can be attained through the Club Education system from our Surf Life Saving Club, including (but not limited to):
- Beach Observer –for parents/guardians who wish to become involved in their children’s Nipper programme. We strongly recommend that parents undertake this course as the club has to fulfil certain ratios to comply with safety requirements.
- Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) – 13-15 youth members or nipper parents. Skills taught include CPR, first aid, signals and surf awareness.
- Bronze Medallion – the base SLSA Award for Senior Membership and all active members. Skills taught include radio operation, CPR, first aid and surf rescues.
- First Aid – An important Award for all Club members, providing a more advanced level of first aid than the Bronze Medallion and an important stepping stone to more senior Awards.
- Advanced Resuscitation – As the name suggests, we strongly encourage all senior members to attain this Award as it provides invaluable skills which can be used in many life situations.
- IRB Crew – the minimum award required to carry out crew duties aboard the IRB.
- IRB Driver (Silver Medallion) – required to be able to drive the IRB’s.
- Silver Medallion Beach Management – provides a variety of skills which will assist in effectively performing Patrol Captain duties.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or ‘Drones’ are a new technology that provide greater coverage and surveillance of potential risks along our coastline. Surf Lifesaving Australia is developing courses now to cover this new technology’s use in Surf Lifesaving watch this space for updates.
- Officials Qualification– for people who choose to fulfil specific officiating role/s and who work with participants (non-bronze proficient, Surf Rescue Certificate qualified or bronze proficient) who are actively competing in a club / branch / state surf sport competition environments. Officiating roles may include: • Marshall / Check-Marshall • Starter / Check-starter • Recorder • Timekeeper • Finish Judge.
- Trainer and Assessor – enables to you to impart the skills which you have acquired onto newer/younger members looking to gain their awards through Coolangatta surf life saving clubs Gold Coast
Pop in or give us a call on 5536 6901 today to find out more!